The winners for the 2020 Cornwall 30 Under 30 have been announced! Cornwall’s best and brightest are celebrated with these annual awards – where the official certifications will be presented at the St Ives Harbour Hotel next month.
“It was, yet again, a joy to read through the entries and to revel in the passion and expertise which people apply to their jobs as a fundamental aspect of their lives. Well done to all, and especially the 30 who, eventually and after much consideration, broke through to become our 2020 30 under 30. Thank you for your contribution to Cornwall!” -Kim Conchie, Cornwall Chamber CEO
The Cornwall Chamber of Commerce organise these awards and partner with Business Cornwall and the Hub to do so, as well as have Truro and Penwith College as sponsors.
It has been lovely to see some names chosen of which are employed by clients of ours! We’d like to say a huge congratulations to Christopher Weavill (Hertzian), Danielle Chapman (Everest Media), Isabela Aruna (University of Exeter), Lewis Gillingham (Cool Earth), Liam Prowse (Everest Media) and Monty Holling (Bspoke IT).
Also a ginormous well done to all of the below;
Cornwall’s 30 under 30 Class of 2020
ABI RUSDEN (CORNWALL HOUSING)
- Abi helps some of Cornwall’s most vulnerable residents who are sleeping rough or threatened with homelessness.
CALUM ROBERTS (CORNWALL HOUSING)
- Described as “a huge asset” with a “can do” attitude, Calum has played a key role in identifying the housing estates most in need of improvements.
CHRISTOPHER WEAVILL (HERTZIAN)
- Something of a star in Cornwall’s rapidly growing tech sector, Chris helped found one of the Duchy’s most ambitious and well-known start-ups – Hertzian.
CRAIG TANNER (WARD WILLIAMS ASSOCIATES)
- Craig joined WWA from Falmouth University as a trainee project manager.
DANIELLE CHAPMAN (EVEREST MEDIA)
- Danielle hit the ground running when she joined Everest Media in 2018, quickly progressing through to a marketing executive role.
EMILY STANBURY (FX PLUS)
- Emily became one of FX Plus’ youngest managers in 2017 when aged 26, she was promoted to print services manager.
FLORENCE BROWN (FLORENCE BROWN FILMMAKER)
- Being diagnosed with ME aged 19 has not stopped Florence from developing a strong freelance career using documentary film and audio to tell stories about people in the south west.
GEORGIA BLUNDELL (SEASALT)
- After graduating with first class honours in business management, Georgia started her own eco-friendly candle business – The St Ives Candle Company.
GEORGIA RYDER (SAVILLS)
- Since joining Savills’ rural team in 2017, Georgia has become a genuine asset for the firm, with client feedback said to be “exemplary”.
HARLEY JOLLY (DEVON AND CORNWALL POLICE)
- Despite having a learning disability, this has not stopped Harley from landing his dream job with the police force. He works two days per week in the evidence store and loves it.
HAYDN ROGERS (ST AUSTELL BREWERY)
- Haydn Rogers joined St Austell Brewery on a level 2 ‘general engineering’ apprenticeship in 2013 and has since progressed through to becoming a full brewing maintenance engineer.
HAYLEY TRUSCOTT (CORNISH MUTUAL)
- Hayley joined the Cornish Mutual team in 2011, initially spending seven years in the insurance company’s member services contact centre.
ISABEL ARUNA (UNIVERSITY OF EXETER)
- Isabel is a passionate advocate for enhancing students’ experience and employability opportunities in Cornwall.
JOE TURNBULL (BULL & WOLF FILM CO)
- Since founding video agency Bull & Wolf in 2018, the company has experienced rapid growth, breaking £55k turnover in its first full year.
JORDAN BARKWAY (BLUEFRUIT SOFTWARE)
- Upon leaving school, Jordan took a Level 4 apprenticeship with Bluefruit Software, which she completed last year, and is now junior software developer for the company.
JOSH NEVE (SANDERS STUDIOS)
- Josh has helped establish the CGI and animation studio on the global stage.
LEWIS GILLINGHAM (COOL EARTH)
- Since joining rainforest charity Cool Earth in 2016 after graduating from Falmouth University, Lewis has travelled extensively, collecting photos, videos, and stories in remote, challenging and hostile conditions.
LIAM PROWSE (EVEREST MEDIA)
- Liam joined Everest in 2018 as a junior developer and swiftly progressed through to software developer.
LUCY COTTON (GEOSCIENCE LTD)
- An exceptionally talented young geologist dedicated to the development of geothermal energy in Cornwall, Lucy joined GeoScience Ltd in early 2016 having worked part time with the team from her initial work experience in 2009.
MACHAELA O’BRIEN (COODES SOLICITORS)
- Machaela began her legal career aged 16 as an apprentice. She quickly realised that she wanted to pursue a career in family law and has now worked exclusively in this area for the past four years.
MEGAN BRITTON (HEALEYS CYDER FARM)
- Megan will be celebrating her tenth anniversary at Healeys next month, having originally started in a summer job after university.
MONTY HOLLING (BSPOKE IT)
- A young software developer whose progress has been described as “outstanding”.
NATALIE O’NEILL (A&G GROUP)
- Natalie was thrown into the deep end at the family-run petrochemical engineering business but has grown it dramatically. Natalie has been invaluable in maintaining A&G’s strong customer relations and has ambitious plans for the future.
NIKITA POLLARD (CORNWALL COUNCIL)
- Despite being aged just 21, Nikita is a key member of Cornwall Council’s Families First team in Penzance, showing maturity beyond her years.
OLIVIA BOSSERT (OLIVIA BOSSERT PHOTOGRAPHY)
- Olivia is the founder of Atlas Magazine, which she started while still at university and has now runs her own photography business.
POPPY PHIPPS (COODES SOLICITORS)
- Poppy is one of the youngest people in the south west to be accredited to represent vulnerable people before the Mental Health Tribunal.
SAM OATEY (OATEY MEDIA)
- Sam started his own film production company in 2015 aged just 17, with nothing but a camcorder and the determination to succeed.
SAMANTHA CHARLES (FLOAT DIGITAL)
- A Google Partner digital marketing expert with nine years’ experience and the founder of the rapidly-growing SEO agency.
TERI COTTRELL (ISO SPACES)
- Teri joined shipping container conversion company ISO Spaces in 2016 from Falmouth University, having graduated with a first class honours in interior design.
TOM WADSWORTH (BAD WOLF HORIZON)
- Tom, 24, founded aerial film and photography company, Bad Wolf Horizon, during his final year at university.